Connect Updates (29 May 2012)
Created: 29 May 2012 | Updated: 29 May 2012 | 2 comments
User Facing: Desktop
- Added a setting to the groups configuration page so a group owner can determine if content posted to his/her group is automatically tagged as private -- by default or public -- by default.
- Fixed an issue with the SEO-friendly URL alias not updating after the title of a content piece was edited. This issue was especially evident when the name of a User Group was updated but the URL alias continued to use the old group name. (FYI: To prevent broken links, old aliases are preserved and continue to work even after content titles are changed and new aliases are generated.)
- Fixed an issue that Google Chrome users where having with a very small popup (file upload) window opening when they used the image insert tool.
- Fixed an issue with subgroups claiming new parent (groups) on edit.
- Fixed an issue with multiple "membership request" emails being sent when a user double-clicked on the submit button on the group membership request form.
- Found the missing (and much beloved) "needs solution" icon.
User Facing: Mobile
- Updated the "Share" options in the mobile UI to include: Email, Twitter, FaceBook, Google+ and LinkedIn.
- Updated the video code on Connect Mobile to scale videos to take advantage of full screen size of the device being used.
- Tweaked the default options in the drop-down selectors (in both Desktop and Mobile) to consistently display "Please choose" instead of "None".
- Implemented code that will communicate with Akamai servers and flush a content item out of the Akamai caches when that item is updated, changed, or deleted from the origin Connect servers.
Behind the Scenes
- Upgraded CKEditor to v6.x-1.11 - Maintenance release