RPM Data is Not Being Reported on Unix and Linux Machines
On Unix and Linux clients running the 7.x agent, there appears to be occasional corruption of cached data. This results in RPM data not being added to the NSE file being sent to the SMP.
Note that RPM data is gathered by the core Software Management Framework rather than by Inventory Solution.
To relatively easily resolve this situation, please run the attached shell script on the clients affected by this issue.
Note that the script will unregister the SMF Agent Plugin (unregistering or uninstalling will clear any memory caches), delete a specific file, reregister the SMF Agent Plugin, run inventory and send software data to the NS.
Following are notes on creating a run script task for a Unix or Linux client:
- In the NS7 Console, click on 'Manage' > 'Jobs and Tasks'
- Click on the 'Jobs and Tasks' menu entry in the left-hand pane.
- Click on 'Create a new job or task' in the right-hand pane. A new window will open.
- Scroll to the bottom of the left-hand pane in the new window and click on 'Run Script'.
- Enter an appropriate name for this task in top text field.
- Select the desired script type: Unix shell script.
- Paste in the text of the script sent by development.